Please read all the instructions carefully before filling the applications.
Guidelines on the application for temporary travel documents
- A temporary travel document (Non Machine Readable Passport) valid for three months may be issued to enable a Sri Lankan national to return to Sri Lanka only, due to an emergency, in the following circumstances.
- The original passport is lost / damaged. (A police report and forms D2 and D3 should be submitted in addition to the requirements under item No. 3 below.)
- Passport has expired and cannot be extended.
- Inadequate time to obtain a new passport.
- If the applicant is already in possession of a passport, it will be cancelled prior to the issuance of the Non Machine Readable Passport.
- The duly completed application should be submitted to the Consulate with the following:
- Form “K” (in duplicate)
- Original existing passport with photocopies of the data page and alteration pages if any alteration were made.
- Three passport size colour photographs.
- The original police report and English translation with a photocopy in case of a lost passport.
- Travel itinerary
- Applicant shall come in person to the Consulate to submit the application for temporary travel document.
- Applicant shall come in person to the Consulate to collect the Temporary Passport. If the Applicant is unable to come, he/she may authorize another person in writing and that person should be able to produce his/her identity with the original payment receipt at the time of collection.
- Processing time for a temporary passport application is around two working days.
- A fee will be charged for the issuance of a Non Machine Readable Passport, when the applicant is in possession of a valid passport.
- If the applicant has lost his passport, a fee will be charged for the issuance of a Non Machine Readable Passport.
- Please refer to Consular Fees section for relevant fee for the renewal of an existing passport.
- Fee shall be paid by cash and please note that cheques will not be accepted.
- All other information should be furnished as required in the application form.
Important: Please note that: