Please read all the instructions carefully before filling the applications.
Guidelines on the application for addition/ deletion of children
- Children who are below 16 years of age and whose births have been registered with the Consulate may be included in the passport of either parent.
- However, the children under 16 years of age are encourage to apply for a new passport instead of include their names into parents passports.
- Children whose names appear in the passport of either parent may be included in the passport of the other parent instead, if a request is made to this effect. (Fees will be charged for both addition and deletion)
- The following documents should be produced along with photocopies. Originals will be returned after perusal.
- Travel document of the applicant (i.e. Passport/ Emergency Certificate/ Identity Certificate)
- Photocopies of the page for inclusion of children’s names, and the page containing particulars of the spouse’s passport. If the spouse does not posses a travel document an affidavit to that effect.
- Proof of citizenship of father
- Birth certificate/s of child/children (original required)
- Parents’ marriage certificate (original required)
- If divorced, divorce certificate and documents to prove the legal custody/ guardianship of child/ children. (original required)
- When adding the names of children to the parent’s passport, the written consent of the spouse is required. If the spouse is abroad, a written declaration should be forwarded.
- 3 colour photographs of each child (size 2.5 cm x 3 cm) with the name written on the reverse of each photograph is required. One of the photographs should be attested by a Notary Public or an Attorney at Law.
- No additional fee will be levied if the names of the children are included at the time of applying for a new passport. For later additions or deletions a fee will be charged.
- Please refer to Consular Fees section for relevant fee for the alteration of an existing passport.
- Fee shall be paid by cash and please note that cheques will not be accepted.
- All other information should be furnished as required in the application form.
Important: Please note that: